May 2012 Newsletter
May 2012 – are you living in the meantime?
Dear friends, In the meantime, is the place you find yourself when you put your life on hold and pause your interaction with life. It can be in just one aspect of your life or in every aspect. This state is limited, controlled by our minds, is boring and does not allow us to tap into the infinite potential of life. There is little joy or hope – just existence. Symptoms of living in the meantime are often found in relationships and jobs…I am looking for the love of my life but will stay in this relationship in the meantime so I am not alone…I hate my job but will stay here in the meantime until I find a job that I will really love. Unfortunately, while you stay in the meantime, you close the door to opportunity. We also pause our interaction with life in smaller ways: when travelling between 2 points for example, we tend to go into endurance mode – often not remembering the route we drove or blankly going through the airport process. Profound realisations often surface during mundane moments although you have to be present to get them, so become aware of how much valuable time you are wasting by being “switched off”. The way we perceive time can influence the happiness we find in the moment and in the future so we should learn from the past, set goals for the future and LIVE in the present. If you recognise that you are living in the meantime, set your intention to take your life off hold and actively engage in living in the present. Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed – Wayne DyerWhen we live in the past, we hold ourselves stuck in old patterns. Don’t look back – you are not going that way! When you shift your focus on how much you have done rather than how much you need to do, time seems to slow down and perpetuates forward motion.
Don’t cry because its over, smile because it happened – Dr Seuss
When we live in the future we tend to predict the outcome based on past experiences – this limits the universe from surprising us. We also have the tendency to fear the unknown future and try to control it rather than letting it unfold magically in divine timing. If you are supported in the present, there is no reason for you to be alone in the future. Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.” Denis Waitley
10 steps to living in the present:
- Declutter – clear out the old and make space for new things and people to come into your life. Just the action of going through old stuff moves stagnant energy and creates flow.
- Focus on your breath – many of us are shallow breathers, get into the habit of focusing on your breath when you have a few moments to spare as deep breathing bring us back into the present moment.
- Forgive the past – the only person that suffers by holding on to old issues is you. Forgiveness does not condone past actions, it frees you from holding onto the baggage.
- Use your senses – Notice the things around you – how do they look, smell, feel, sound or taste? Immerse yourself in a beautiful song, savour a delicious meal, enjoy watching the sunset, feel the hug of a loved one – slow down and enjoy the moment.
- Notice your thoughts – as you move through the day, notice your thoughts – are they judgemental or allowing? Catch negative thought processes and shift your perception about the situation into a positive mindset.
- Be in mindfulness – do one thing as a time with focus. There are of course times we have to multi-task so be mindful when you have the opportunity. When you are in the shower, BE in the shower.
- Be grateful for the day – Our lives fly by so quickly. How many more days are you prepared to lose by living in the meantime? Ask yourself regularly if you had one month left to live – how would you choose to live it? Being grateful holds you in the present and you create more of whatever you are grateful for, in the future.
- Smile and be kind to others – when you smile you are more attractive and can light up some-ones day. Doing random acts of kindness raises your vibration.
- Slow things down – Set daily intentions that are realistic and tick them off as you go.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff – remind yourself what is important to you and ignore the drama.
Love the place you are in now – so many of us strive after discovering our purpose in life. Simply put – we all have the same purpose and it is to experience and grow as much as we can through the journey of life – so start to LIVE every day and in every way. Wishing you all a glorious month ahead. Namaste Peta
Featured Destination of the month
Ireland – Land of Leprechauns and Celtic magic
I am delighted to feature the 12-day journey to Ireland in August this month. I have travelled to Ireland many times and am always struck by the natural beauty and magical feeling I get when I am there. The Irish people are warm and friendly and to me have the most soulful eyes of any nation I have been to. The Neolithic sacred sites of Ireland, rich in history and lore, are amongst the most spectacular in the world. The Emerald Isle is home to leprechauns and Faeries; medieval knights and ancient Celtic myths and legends; where Druids once roamed the land and the rich Celtic spiritual culture thrived. It is easy to be enchanted by the scenic beauty, mesmerized by the traditional music and dancing, awestruck by ancient wisdom of the sacred sites and combined with your inner journey through connection to self and mother earth, leave you re-energized, joyful and open hearted. Discover the secrets of the ancient Earth-based Celtic wisdom as you explore the sacred landscape and its lore ~ Connect with the power, wisdom and beauty of the magical sites of medieval monastic sites, mountain cairns, holy wells, stone circles, fairy glens, mysterious lakes and cleansing ocean ~ Immerse yourself in the mysteries of the Celtic and Neolithic ancestors at pristine, uncrowded sites where you can hear the whispers of ancient voices and feel the magic course through you.
Cameron Broughton – Cameron has been guiding people on spiritual journeys of discovery for the past twelve years with her husband Glenn. She qualified as a Massage Therapist at the New England Institute of Muscle Therapy in Cambridge, Massachusetts and studied Shamanism with Naomi Lake, founder of Full Circle. Cameron is a Massage Therapist, Reiki Practitioner and energy healer. Utilizing these skills as a qualified healer of twenty-four years, she will lead meditations at the ancient sites to re-connect with our spiritual purpose and with the Earth. Connecting with the Spirit of Place and the ancestors through ceremony, she brings a heart centered approach and passion to the experience. Cameron is joined by her husband Glenn Broughton, who has been researching and visiting ancient sacred sites for over twenty years. Glenn, who is English, trained with the National Federation of Spiritual Healers in England and the International College of Crystal Healing. Glenn also leads spiritual development and earth mysteries groups and workshops. Together they lecture internationally on sacred sites, earth mysteries and crop circles and are the co-founders of Earth Spirit Conferences in the USA. Please visit our photo album on Facebook. For detailed information and reservations: Ireland, Land of leprechauns and celtic magic
Upcoming Spiritual Quest Journeys
|Take a walk on the wild side Yoga, meditation and walking safari to Zambia in May 2012||Malta´s Mediterranean Temples – Journey to the Goddess – Malta in June 2012|
|Ancient Mysteries, Modern Messages Sacred Sites and Crop Circles to Wiltshire, southern England in July 2012||Spectacular South Africa An experiential Journey to South Africa in July 2012|
|Ireland, Land of leprechauns and celtic magic Retreat to magical Ireland in August 2012||A Joyous Celebration of BeingWomen’s tour to South Africa in Sept 2012|
|Mythical Scotland, Mystical Journey The Hebrides, western isles of Scotland in Sept 2012||Ancient Egyptian Wisdom and Mysticism Egypt 12/12/12|
If you would prefer to travel on your own or with friends and family, we can tailor make tours to all of our destinations.
Peta is now available for skype spiritual mentoring . Our outer worlds reflect our inner worlds and if you need help with releasing the old, manifesting the new or simply help on your path, don’t hesitate to book your session. A past client had the following to say: I had the pleasure of experiencing a spiritual mentoring session with Peta over skype recently and was amazed at how effective just one session could be. Peta took me through a manifestation process and I have already seen a marked improvement in a few different aspects of my life. I have already booked my next session and cant wait!
MP, San Francisco, USA
For more information, please contact Peta@spiritualquestjourneys.com
If you have received this email from a thoughtful friend and would like to sign up for future newsletters and receive a copy of our free eBook on practical energetic work SIGN ME UP NOW!
For more information and feedback, please contact Peta@spiritualquestjourneys.com
Powered by Facebook Comments